Set in the picturesque coastal village of Beadnell, Almond, Orchard Country Apartment is a newly built holiday home in a small private development, for couples looking to retreat to the famous Northumberland countryside.
This ground floor apartment has a living room with adjoining kitchen/dining area, double bedroom and a shower room, communal laundry room with large washing machine and separate dryer, off street parking.
The apartment is generously appointed with comfort and luxury in mind. Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, living room with adjoining open plan kitchen and dining area. The apartment is fresh, light and airy but maintains a warm, cosy feel. Furnished throughout with comfortable contemporary furniture, a well equipped kitchen and wall mounted flat screen television in the living room. The apartment has a selection of books, games, puzzles, DVD’s and IPOD docking station. The village store and two great country pubs serving food are just a stone’s throw away from the apartment.
Not suitable for wheelchair users
No smoking at this property
Our bookings are normally strictly Saturday to Saturday however, we are happy to consider short breaks i.e. Monday – Friday & Friday – Monday during the low season (November – February excluding the Christmas and New Year period). Check in time: Saturday 17:00, Check out time: Saturday 09:00
- Central Heating
- TV with digital free view
- DVD player
- CD player
- Hair dryer
- Linen provided
- Towels provided
- Washing machine and clothes dryer
- Private Parking
If you pay the full balance on time, you will receive a partial refund.
50% refund of the total cost if you cancel at least eight weeks before check-in.
25% refund of the total cost if you cancel at least four weeks before check-in.
- Dogs allowed – First dog included, additional dogs/pets £30 each (please add during online booking)
- Not child friendly
- Smoking not allowed
- Check in time: 17:00
- Check out time: 09:00
Our apartments are pet friendly, but we also have a very high standard of clean to maintain! We would respectfully ask our guests to ensure that their dog(s) are prevented from muddying bedding and linens, or urinating on the furniture or carpets. Any extra cleaning or damage will have to be charged to the guests. Thank you!
|Airport||Newcastle upon Tyne 45 miles|
|Ferry||North Shields 48 miles|
|Train station||Berwick-upon-Tweed 28 miles|
|Sports||Water sports, Horse riding, Fishing|
|Ideal for : Walking holidays, rural or countryside holidays, nightlife, beach or lakeside relaxation, cycling holidays, golfing holiday.|
Property Name: Almond Apartment, Orchard Country Apartments, Beadnell
Description: Single storey ground floor apartment.
A stepped entrance and step in shower make the apartment unsuitable for wheelchair or ambulant disabled use.
Arrival and car parking
- There is gravel surfaced car parking in front of the buildings. This is free for use of guests with one car parking space available for the use of Almond Apartment.
- The car parking spaces slope away from the buildings, with a step up to a paved area immediately in front of the building.
- There are a further two steps up from the paved area to the front door of Almond Apartment.
- There are no colour contrasts to the pavement or step edges.
- Almond Apartment is located to the far end of the Orchard Country Apartments.
- The property has a single standard width entrance door which is two steps up from the paved
area in front of the building. There is not a handrail to the stepped entrance.
- The door has a keyed cylinder lock, with the key stored in a key safe on the wall adjacent the door.
- There is an external light to the left of the entrance door which is motion sensor operated.
- The living space is accessed directly from the front door, with a large door mat immediately on entering the apartment.
- The remainder of the Living space is carpeted, with good space between the furniture, although not sufficient for wheelchair use. The furniture can be moved; although it should not be moved by guests for reasons of the health and safety of the guests.
Dining and Kitchen space
- The dining and kitchen space are an extension of the open plan living area, separated by a change
in floor finish and breakfast bar to one end of the kitchen.
- The kitchen and dining area has a tiled floor finish.
- The dining table and four chairs are moveable, although for safety reasons the dining table should not be moved by guests.
- The kitchen units are standard height. There are no wall units. Crockery and kitchen pans and utensils are stored at low level within cupboards.
- There is a built in low level fridge with small freezer compartment, dishwasher, oven and worktop hob with cooker hood over and freestanding microwave.
Almond Apartment – Access Guide 2
- Beyond the kitchen and dining area a standard width door provides access to the bedroom and ensuite bathroom. The door is not lockable.
- The bedroom is carpeted with a central double bed with drawer units both sides and a wardrobe opposite. There is good space around the bed.
- The bathroom is ensuite to the bedroom, accessed via a standard width door. The bathroom is tiled with built in WC, wash hand basin and step in shower. The bathroom is not suitable for wheelchair or ambulant disabled use.
Heating, lighting and services
- The apartment is heated by radiators from an electric hot water boiler. The heating is pre-set to come on and heat to temperature. The controller allows for raising and lowering of the set temperature for short periods. Details can be found in the information folder provided.
- There is wifi and broadband available for use by guests, although the mobile phone signal is poor even outside the property.
- There are easily accessible low level sockets available in all spaces other than the bathroom.
- The lighting uses low energy or LED bulbs. For safety reasons we would ask guests not to attempt to replace bulbs but leave a note for the housekeeping team.
Outdoor and other facilities
- There is a small paved area immediately in front of the apartment. This is a communal space as it links with the level path down the side of the apartment to the laundry at the far end (see below).
- Neither the paved area or pathway are suitable for the visually impaired. Care should be taken in wet or cold weather as the paving can also get greasy and/or icey.
- There is a small bench against the external wall of the apartment provided for use of guests of Almond Apartment. Communal tables and chairs are also provided for use of guests in the paved communal areas between the main apartment blocks.
- There is general outdoor lighting across the site and an external light adjacent the door to the apartment with motion sensor activation.
- There is a communal laundry available for use by guests at the far end of the apartment, with a step up into the entrance. The laundry had a sink and worktop as well as a washing machine and tumble dryer. A large ironing board is also available.
- Details of nearby amenities including bus timetables, shops, pubs, cafes, petrol stations are available within the information folder provided in the apartment.
If a Saturday to Saturday booking doesn’t work for you, we may still be able to accommodate. Please email us to enquire and include the dates you would like to visit.